Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Specialty Pharm Clin Pharm 1
Performs specialized pharmacy functions to support highly focused, highly detailed and/or high risk pharmacy services independently. Manages work flow to maximize efficiency and quality considering workload priorities. This role serves as a resource to staff regarding the interpretation of policies and procedures. Coordinates the training for specific specialized pharmacy services.
* Assists the pharmacist in the preparation, dispensing and/or distribution of medications.
* Delivers outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers.
* Applies departmental processes regarding inventory control.
* Operates computer systems and utilizes technology.
* Performs activities as directed by pharmacists and/or pharmacy managers in accordance with federal, state, and local laws/regulations and hospital policies.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Pharmaceutical Computer Literacy (Novice): Has demonstrated a proficient understanding of computers or has successfully completed training for applications that are used to support medication use processes. Is capable of using the fundamental features of pharmaceutical computer applications to support patient care issues of moderate difficulty.
* Pharmaceutical Drug Preparation, Dispensing & Distribution (Advanced): Demonstrates high levels of proficiency in drug preparation, dispensing and distribution in challenging and complex situations. Able to prepare and assist the pharmacist in dispensing of prescribed medications. This includes being proficient in the general principles and techniques of asepsis utilized to compound sterile preparations (CSPs) to minimize the risk of contamination where applicable. Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
* Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance & Compliance (Intermediate): Possesses knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations and applies them in difficult, stressful and complex situations. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of process improvement, quality assurance and/or programs. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement and maintains compliance with a federal, state and local regulations as well as organizational policies and procedures.
* Drug Inventory & Records Management (Intermediate): Demonstrates proficiency in working with drug inventory and records management. Demonstrates ability to maintain and project appropriate inventory levels of medications. Able to collect, organize, and maintain appropriate pharmacy and patient related information. Able to successfully demonstrate inventory management skills of moderate difficulty. Has expertise in inventory rotation. cycle counting and lot number tracking. Effectively works with electronic databases/catalog.
* Mentoring & Coaching (Novice): Constructively trains and mentors others by providing positive direction and feedback. Has provided constructive suggestions to improve a situation. Knows how to remove roadblocks to success and avoids judgments at all times. Makes a concerted effort to pass on experiences and job information that can be learned easily.
Allied health is among the fastest growing occupations in healthcare today. This area can be defined as credentialed professionals who perform supportive, diagnostic, and therapeutic health care services to promote health and prevent disease in a variety of settings.
These areas are crucial to Vanderbilt Health's reputation for excellence in these areas that has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South.
Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the southeast choose Vanderbilt Health for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.
* Organizational Impact: Independently performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team and other related teams.* Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Gathers and analyzes data to solve problems that arise with little or no precendent.* Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced job knowledge and has developed a breadth of skills in other areas. * Team Interaction: Serves as a lead for the team by providing expertise and guidance to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues: - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas. - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships. - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services : - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them. - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions. - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality : - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly. - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively : - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure. - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area. - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation: - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches. - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges. - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
LIC-Pharmacy Technician - Tennessee
Relevant Work Experience
Experience Level :
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or email@example.com.